In 1884 a group of Utah Mormons settled and pioneered this locality. They cleared sagebrush land, dug canals and erected humble log homes. They built a log room which was used for church, school and recreation. Daniel S. Robbins, a Veteran, was made Presiding Elder, and in his home, located two hundred yards from here, the town of Rigby was named in honor of William F. Rigby of the Latter-day Saints Stake Presidency. In the year 1886, George A. Cordon taught the first school.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #106 located at Veterans Memorial Park at 305 South Veteran Memorial Drive in Rigby, Idaho.
These photos were provided by Marshall Hurst.