The Price family located on the present site of Samaria Feb. 10, 1868. A branch of the Church fo Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was organized Nov. 18, 1868, Thomas S. Thomas, President. Irrigation water was obtained from John Thorpe’s Spring. A log building erected to serve for school and church was dedicated March 1870, David P. Davis, teacher; Jonah Evans, Bishop. Other firsts were Mary D. Davis, Postmistress: John E. Price, Sr., sawmill operator; Heber Sparks, blacksmith.
The above text is from Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #346, erected in 1968 and located at 4421 West 4900 South in Samaria, Idaho.
These photos provided by Marshall Hurst: