Tags

, , , ,

picture09march08-035

This village, first called South Iona, was settled by Latter-Day Saints. A Branch of the Church was organized Nov. 26, 1889 wit Arthur M. Rawson as presiding Elder. He later became Bishop. On Feb. 12, 1893, the Ward name was changed to Ammon, honoring the son of King Mosiah of Book of Mormon history who was a missionary to the Lamanites. The first public building was made of logs and was erected on this site to serve as both church and school the present brick meeting house was built 1912-13.

picture09march08-037

Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup

Advertisements