Minersville was settled in the spring of 1859 and had several different names such as The Farm, Lower Beaver, Cottonwoods, Grundyville, and Punkin Center. It was finally named Minersville to honor the miners who worked in the adjacent mines. There is an alternate claim that the settlement was named to honor a miner, Grant Prisbey, one of the early settlers who helped survey the townsite.
- D.U.P. #17 – The Lincoln Mine
- D.U.P. #255 – The Grist Mill
- Minersville City Hall (60 W. Main St.)
- Rollins-Eyre House (113 W. Main St.)