Minersville was settled in 1859 for the purpose of opening lead mines. Nelson S. Hollingshead built a grist mill on this site in 1871. It was operated by water diverted from the Minersville canal, through an eighteen inch water wheel. Corn and wheat were ground to supply the needs of the community. Salt brought from Parowan Lake also was ground. Abraham and Stephen Hollingshead, Charlie Burke and a Mr. Musser worked in the mill. It was abandoned in 1895.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup