Red Brick Two-Room School
In 1891, a red brick, two-room school was built on the southwest corner of the block. The school served the families in the south end of Centerville. At first, grades one through eight were taught here. When the Central School was finished on Parrish Lane and Main Street, this school taught only the first give grades.
When the Centerville Elementary School was built in 1916, this school was no longer needed. It eventually was renamed “Soldiers Memorial Hall.” It became a social center for dances, movies, bazaaes, and local drama. About 1955, it was abandoned and razed.