The Jensen-Jensen House, build c. 1909, is significant for its association with Sandy’s historical development. This one-and-one-half-story house was historically Victorian in form and most likely in style as well. The house has had a number of alterations, it retains its c. 1938 historic integrity.
Jens P. and Eleanor probably built the home; however, they did not stay here for long. In 1911 the house was sold to one of Jen’s sons by his first marriage, James P. Jensen, and his wife Belle for $1,000. James found employment with the Studebaker-Consolidated Wagon Company as an accountant. Later he purchased from his in-laws Crapo’s Grocery Store located on Main Street in Sandy, and the Jensen’s ran the popular store until 1975.