Ann Paramore Marriott House
The Ann Paramore Marriott House, built c. 1910, is significant for its association with Sandy’s historical development. This house is a one-story bungalow with a full-width porch and hipped roof with wide, overhanging eaves.
Ann was the wife of Thmas Edward Marriott. In the spring of 1875, the family moved to Sandy, where they opened a general store. In 1881 Thomas and Ann purchased the forner Hatch Boarding House located on Main Street and 100 West, where Thomas established the Marriott Hotel. The hotel was a two-story building with eight sleeping rooms on the second floor that were rented to miners, and the family’s living quarters, an optician’s office, and a confectionary on the ground level. Thomas and Ann also managed the first post office in Sandy. Ann had this bungalow completed two years after Thomas’ death.
See also Anne P Marriott House