Tags

, , ,

2017-06-06 20.36.38

Located at Main Street and Fremont Street is the Plaza, prior to the construction of the casino, part of the site was used for the first train station in Las Vegas, a Spanish style depot, constructed in 1906. It was replaced in 1940 with a Streamline Moderne train station designed by H. L. Gogerty, with a Union Pacific shield, and “Streamliners & Challangers” neon sign. This station was demolished in 1970 and replaced by the Union Plaza Hotel, which included a small waiting room to be used as a station for Amtrak trains.

2017-06-06 21.12.40

2017-06-06 20.36.55