The elaborate flower details on its molded cornice and lion heads peering from atop its pilasters give the Federation of Labor Hall a fanciful feel. Local brewer Albert Fisher constructed this building in 1903 to house the Utah Federation of Labor and its associated unions. The second and third floors of the building originally featured lodge rooms and a spacious auditorium. In 1913, Fisher decided to remodel the building as a hotel. The north side of the building still bears a painted sign for the Hotel Plandome. The hotel’s “specialty of serving breakfast for the convenience of its guests” was advertised as a “European” attraction.