This house was constructed in 1903 by Herbert Clegg for John E. Austin, a leading sheepman in Wasatch County. In 1908 Austin moved to Wyoming and the house was sold to Dr. William Russell Wherritt. A native of Missouri, Dr. Wherritt was for many years the only physician in Heber Valley. The house is one of the most elaborate Victorian homes in Heber Valley. It is now owned and occupied by Dr. Wherritt’s daughter, Mrs. Dean Todd.