Tags

, , ,

2018-05-26 14.27.16

Adobe Rock

On July 27, 1847, three horsemen from the scouting party sent out by Brigham Young, obtained an excellent view of the surrounding valley, from the top of this rock. In 1849, Captain Howard Stansbury of the United States Topographical Engineers built a small adobe house by this rock, for his herders, hence the name “Adobe Rock”. The near by highway follows the same route as the old pioneer trail used by explorers, trappers, emigrants and gold seekers.

A spring near by made this a favorite camp site.

2018-05-26 14.29.01
2018-05-26 14.29.14
2018-05-26 14.29.21.jpg
2018-05-26 14.28.11
2018-05-26 14.28.08
2018-05-26 14.29.49
2018-05-26 14.29.52
Advertisements