In my exploration of Utah I have come across Anson Call’s name several times, when I start to see that someone is a big name in local history I like to make a page linking all of the documentation I’ve done related to them, this is that page for Anson.
Born in 1810 in Vermont, he joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in 1836 and migrated to Utah where he was a big part of settling different communities.
- In 1851 he and his party arrived in the Fillmore area to settle it, the same time Orson Pratt’s party arrived.
- 1851, directed construction of the Fillmore Pioneer Fort
- 1852, supervisor of Utah’s first Capitol Building.
- 1854, he built a grist mill in Centerville.
- Prior to 1859 he was the Indian Agent at Corn Creek / Kanosh
- 1862, the Bountiful Tabernacle is completed under his direction.