Tags

, , , ,

ZCMI Co-op Building

1890s-1960

Official outlet of ZMCI (Zion’s Co-operative Mercantile Institution), “America’s First Department Store”. This building housed the Fayette Merc. from circa 1890s to 1986. Until 1960 it was part of the ZCMI co-operative system which served more than 150 communities in the Intermountain area with retail commodities and services beginning in 1868.

Related Posts:

Advertisements