Located at 12441 S 900 E in Draper, Utah and designed by School District Architect Niels Edward Liljenberg, the Draper Park School was constructed in 1912, replacing an 1883 school on the same site. The building was named in honor of Dr. John R. Park, a leading figure in Utah’s educational history and early school teacher in Draper. The school originally accommodated both elementary and junior high school students. Additions were made to the south of the building in 1928 and to the east in 1963. In 1938 a mural depicting the history of education in Draper was painted on the interior by artist Paul Smith as a WPA project. The school was converted into the Draper City Hall and community center around 1980 and is the home of the Draper Historical Society.