George Henry Cottrell – Heber J. Smith Home
George Henry Cottrell built this five room, one and one half story, straw colored brick home circa 1905.
It was built on a give foot high granite rock foudation to prevent the house from sinking into a swampy area.
He lived in the home until 1908 when he had a farm accident and died a few days later. The home was then rented for twelve years.
In 1920, Heber J. and Matilda Smith and their three children purchased the home and four acres. The Smith family lived there from 1920 to 1958. Two more children joined the family and a multitude of blessings were poured down upon them.
In 1958, Heber built a new home to the north, and once again this home became a rental home. In 1983, Pete and Terese Larkin bought the home and did extensive remodeling to the interior, made a roof conversion and two additional rooms were added. In 1991, Clyde and Kelly Anderson purchased the home and lived here until 1995 when Brent and Jane Tucker became the present owners.