The American Fork City Hall is significant as the seat of city government from 1903 to the present. Moreover, it is located on the site where civic offices have been concentrated since 1861. The building also represents an important change in government in American Fork after the turn of the century. Civic and ecclesiastical functions that had been combined in multi-use buildings were physically and symbolically separated. The American Fork City Hall was the first of the town’s four municipal buildings to be used exclusively for governmental purposes.
This building was designed by local architect/builder James H. Pulley and constructed in 1903. Its Victorian Romanesque Revival style is characterized by round arched openings and a rough stone foundation. The room is topped with a small central deck which was once adorned with a wooden belfry (removed in 1959).