Weber College – The Moench Building
Administrative and main classroom building
History of Weber College
Run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Turned over to the State of Utah
State Legislature authorizes acquisition of land on east bench
Present campus opened on Harrison Blvd.
Became four year college.
Buildings on this block sold.
Moench building torn down.
Became a University
Weber College was know by various names:
- Weber Stake Academy (1889-1908)
- Weber Academy (1908-1918)
- Weber Normal School (1918-1922)
- Weber College (1922-1964)
- Weber State College (1964-1991)
- Weber State University (1991)
This monument is #104 in the series by the S.U.P., (see other SUP Markers on this page) it is located at 2465 S Jefferson Avenue in Ogden, Utah – across the street from the Weber County Main Library and outside the building at 580 25th Street.