Reynolds’ Flour Mill
In 1880 Wm. G. (Bill) Reynolds and Moroni Taylor cut and faced two rough stone burrs which were set up in the “Old Fort” for mill purposes. They were turned by a horse attached to a sweep. Later these burrs were used to grind feed for livestock. In 1881 the first mill in Ashley Valley was built on this site. The land was given by Robert Bodily and the mill, equipped with machinery, was run by water power flumed to the mill. Wm. P. Reynolds and son Wm. G. (Bill) operated the mill for over forty years. It was destroyed by fire in 1934.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #233 located in Maeser, Utah