LeConte Stewart House
Constructed in 1922 for notable Utah painter LeConte Stewart, this 1 1/2-story cottage was designed in the English Tudor Revival style by prominent Utah architects Harold Burton and Hyrum Pope. The house and the remainder of the buildings on the property, including the art studio, maintain their architectural integrity.
LeConte Stewart played a major role in the evolution of regional landscape painting in Utah and made major contributions to art education in the Salt Lake valley, Davis County, and Ogden. By the time the Stewart family moved into the house in January of 1923, he was already well-established as an artist. He lived in this house – the only home he ever owned – from 1923 until his death in 1990. As the place where LeConte Stewart created most of his work, the home and studio represent his art and the landscape that gave him his greatest inspiration.
172 West 100 South in Kaysville, Utah