- Barnes-Gibson Home
- Kay’s Ward Meetinghouse
- Kaysville Fort
- Kaysville Presbyterian Church and School
- Kaysville Tabernacle
- Parks in Kaysville
- Thomas J. and Amanda Smith House
- The Weinel Mill
- Kaysville posts sorted by address
The Kaysville area was originally settled by Hector Haight shortly after Mormon pioneers arrived in 1847. He had been sent north to find feed for the stock and soon thereafter constructed a cabin and brought his family to settle the area. Farmington, Utah, also claims Hector Haight as its original settler. Two miles north of Haight’s original settlement, Samuel Holmes built a cabin in 1849 and was soon joined by other settlers from Salt Lake, namely Edward Phillips, John Green, and William Kay.
Although settlement began in the 1840s, the name of Kaysville connects with the fact that in 1851 William Kay was made the bishop in the vicinity by Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball.
After the move south in 1858 because of the Utah War there was an attempt to rename the community Freedom, but Brigham Young convinced the residents to retain the old name.
In 1868 Kaysville became the first city incorporated in Davis County.
An adobe meetinghouse was built in 1863. Its was replaced by the Kaysville Tabernacle in 1914. In 1930 Kaysville had 992 people. They all were in the Kaysville Ward which also covered most of the rest of the Kaysville Precinct.
By 2008 there were seven Mormon stakes (similar to a diocese) in Kaysville.
In November 2009, Kaysville voters elected Steve A. Hiatt as Mayor. He was sworn in on January 4, 2010.