The Weinel Mill
Built in 1854, by John Weinel, a native of Germany who came to Utah about 1853. The mill was the “overshot” water-powered type and was erected on Webb’s Creek 1/4 mile N.E. of this site. Native stones were used for the walls and pines for its timbers. It was 40 ft. long, 18 ft. wide and two stories high. Ox teams brought the flour-grinding stones weighing 2,200 lbs. from a canyon near Bingham, Utah. This marker is dedicated in honor of our pioneers and Kaysville’s first commercial industries.
There is also a smaller plaque on the base of the flag pole that reads: Original Mill Stone.