, , ,

Dutch Flat Hotel

Built in 1852, the Dutch Flat Hotel was a long, narrow, two-story building running along Stockton Street, fronting on Main Street. In 1868, it was expanding in the front to include the building next door and, in 1875, a third story was added. From 1880 to 1900, a bridge connected the Dutch Flat Hotel with the National Hotel across Main Street. In its heyday, the hotel had 52 rooms, a large dining room that could seat 150, and a saloon.

In 1920, the hotel was remodeled to its current size. The hotel closed in 1941 and was a private residence until reopening in 2004.

This plaque is located on Main Street in Dutch Flat, California.