The Barboglio Building
The Barboglio Building was built in 1907 by Joe Barboglio. The building housed the Tika Tavern with a hotel upstairs. Mrs. Barboglio ran the hotel and washed the linen by hand in the Price River. In 1910, in an effort to help other businessmen, the Helper State Bank was opened in one part of the building with Joe Barboglio as the first president. The building was occupied by various businesses until 1950 when it was destroyed by fire. In 1953 one story of the building was rebuilt and housed a bakery and a flower shop. In 1955 Mutual Furniture & Hardware purchased the building and opened an archway between the two buildings. In 1997 Herme’s Antiques opened in the building and remains in business today.
This historic marker is located at 154 South Main Street in Helper, Utah and was dedicated by the Matt Warner Chapter 1900 of E Clampus Vitus on July 8, 2006 (6011)