Panaca Ward Chapel
One of the oldest buildings in Lincoln County, the Panaca Ward Chapel was constructed of adobe from the swamps west of town in 1867-1868.
Built as a Mormon chapel, the building was also used as a school and recreation hall. The chapel is typical of the development in small Mormon pioneer communities in the intermountain West during the mid-1800s.
This is Nevada State Historical Marker #182, located on the Bishops’ Storehouse behind the chapel at 1065 East Main Street in Panaca, Nevada.