The first pioneer families from Utah came here in 1879 and were met by a Spanish prospector, Guadelupe Valdez. Rockland was named for Rock Creek, which runs the full length of the valley. It was one of the early settlements of Idaho. The first L.D.S. Meetings were held in homes. In 1884 the Saints were organized into a ward with Isaac Thorn as Bishop. This building was erected by Rockland Relief Society in 1914. In 1954 it was repaired and used as a meeting place and relic hall by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #223 erected in 1956 at 160 S Cedar in Rockland, Idaho.
These photos provided by Marshall Hurst: