Central Ferry Station
A log structure was erected one half mile north of this site in 1864, which served as a stage station. The Ben Holliday stages use it as a stopping place as did the freighters who passed this way. Mail was unofficially handled here for more than a decade. On October 10, 1878 it became a United States Post Office with Theodore T. Danielson as Postmaster. It was given the name of Central Ferry and later changed to Blackfoot.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #188 located at 880 W Bridge St in Blackfoot, Idaho. The marker was dedicated in 1963.
These photos provided by Marshall Hurst: