Marriott Settlement Meeting House
John Marriott, an English immigrant and pioneer, permanently settled here in 1855, founding Marriott Settlement or Marriottsville. Other families soon arrived including the Butler, Elmer, Hodson, Morris, and Stanger families. In 1856, the Marriott branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was formed. Marriott Ward was incorporated on March 22, 1882, and a meeting house was built near this site in 1893. On September 25, 1965, the meeting house was demolished.
Marriott-Slaterville City Historical Marker historical marker #2, located at 1192 West 1200 South in Marriott-Slaterville, Utah