Defense Depot Ogden
Around 1940, approximately 1,139 acres from the pioneer settlements of Marriott, Harrisville, and Slaterville were condemned and seized by the United States for a military base. Broom’s Bench was demolished, Butler’s Pond was filled, and some fifty families lost their homes and were forced to relocate. The military installation built to the east operated under various names: Utah General Depot, Utah Army Forces Supply Depot, and Defense Depot Ogden. During World War II part of the site served as an internment camp for German and Italian soldiers. Defense Depot Ogden was closed in the late 1990s, and the property was turned over to Ogden City which now operates Business Depot Ogden.
Marriott-Slaterville City Historical Marker historical marker #13, located at 397 North 1200 West in Marriott-Slaterville, Utah