In 1868, the first Marriott School was constructed of logs on the corner of 12th Street and 1200 West. Later a brick school building was constructed on this site and operated by Weber School District. The school went through several renovations until it was demolished in the early 1940s. The land was then donated to the Marriott Ward. In 2007, the land was gifted to Marriott-Slaterville City as a perpetual park. The bowery and playground were reconstructed by Marriott-Slaterville City.