Borden Company Plant
Construction of the two-story brick factory building and warehouse began in 1904 but there were five key construction phases between 1904 and 1945. It was a milk factory with large ties to the Cache Valley dairy industry that remains prominent to this day.
“The plant in Logan was one of the two earliest and largest of the five canned milk plants built in Cache Valley in the early 20th century. These plants processed and shipped condensed and evaporated milk throughout the Intermountain West,” historians noted.
While originally local, it was sold to the Borden Company in 1912. It’s still in the hands of Borden Holdings, LLC, and went through a renovation that ended last year. Nonhistoric additions (from eras after 1945) were removed and remaining historic features were preserved.
The Borden Company Plant is located at 290 South 400 West in Logan, Utah and was added to the National Historic Register (#100006935) on September 20, 2021.