, ,

Old Tithing Office

In 1895 the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints built this sandstone structure, consisting of three rooms and a basement, to serve the community as a tithing office. When the Montpelier First Ward was divided in 1916, meetings of the new Third Ward were held here. It has also been used for class rooms, church auxiliaries, Boy Scouts, etc. In 1963 the building was given to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers of Montpelier to be used as a relic hall.

The text above is from the Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #311, erected in 1965 and located on Clay Street in Montpelier, Idaho.

These photos were summited by Marshall Hurst: