Last Chance Canal Co., Ltd.
Two miles east is located the dam and headworks of the canal system. Incorporation was effected Feb. 4, 1899 for the purpose of irrigating this valley. First filing on Bear River to supply the canal was Mar. 4, 1897. To perfect the right it was necessary to put the water through the right of way by Feb. 12, 1899. This tremendous task was accomplished through the ingenuity and perseverance of the brave men and women who pioneered this valley.
The text above is from Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #219, located at 206 North Main Street in Grace, Idaho.
The photos below were submitted by Marshall Hurst: