In 1810-18 Francois Payette, Donald McKenzie, John Day, Jack Weiser, a Mr. Whitman and others, named this valley and river “Payette.” In 1862 David Bivens’ stage station was erected and Nathan Falk’s store was opened in 1876. William E. Smythe, of the National Irrigation Congress, sent a group to late a townsite with a view to opening an irrigation project. In April 1895 New Plymouth was chosen. A postoffice was established 1896, Veasey and Jennie Stovel in charge.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #352 located at Kiwanis Park at 150 W Ash Street in New Plymouth, Idaho