A D.U.P. Marker in Richmond, Utah.
In July 1859 under the leadership of John Bair (Interpreter and Guide), sixteen families settled here. They built log cabins and dugouts between City Creek and Brower Springs. The following spring, other families arrived and a permanent fort was built for protection against Indians. The Fort consisted of two rows of houses running east and west, facing each other, with corrals and sheds for livestock back of the homes. This monument, built in honor of the Pioneers of 1859 and 1860, marks the southwest corner of the fort which ran 3000 feet east by 465 feet north.