Daughter’s of Utah Pioneers Marker # 31
(other DUP Markers are listed at JacobBarlow.com/dup)
(Incorporated 1869) On this site in 1870, in a three story building, 60 x 120 feet, the first Woolen Mills in Southern Utah operated. Machinery was brought here from New England by railroad and wagon. John Ashworth and others schooled in England in the art of wool manufacturing formed the corporation. For many years this mill was the main factor in the growth and prosperity of Beaver and surrounding territory. It was destroyed by fire in 1920.