On this site in 1865-66 a tabernacle was erected by the Pioneers. Built of local brick, lumber and stone. It was of pioneer architecture with a large assembly hall, gallery, full basement, a tower and large bell. This building was used for church and public gatherings. Later a church school was conducted in the basement. After 76 years of service it was torn down and on this historic spot now stands the home of Daughters of Utah Pioneers.