, , ,

George and Temperance Adams House
(196 West 400 South)


George and Temperance Adams House

The George J. and Temperance May Evans Adams house built in 1895 and substantially enlarged in 1903, is a one-story Victorian Eclectic-style house. It was originally a classical hall-parlor house constructed of soft-fired brick with an adobe lining. The house was originally associated with five acres of farmland. A granary-creamery is on the property and was probably constructed the same time as the original house. The house is associated with the rise of agricultural production in the Orem area. The field, part of the original farmstead, and granary/creamery associated with the property contribute to the significance of the house. The Adams and Evans families were among Orem’s first permanent residents and participated in the agricultural development of the community.