(468 South Main Street)
The Clinger/Booth house, built ca.1894, with major additions/alterations in 1935, began as a one and one-half story Victorian Eclectic-style brick and adobe crosswing on a stone foundation.
The house was constructed ca.1894 by George and Annie Clinger, and subsequently owned by Joseph and Charlotte Booth, both of whom were involved in the farming and fruit growing industries, the mainstay of the Provo Bench. The house which the Clingers built and the Booths later altered has many of the characteristics found in Victorian Eclectic architecture, including an asymmetrical facade, open floor plan, and the use of various architectural styles and details. The house symbolizes the prosperity of fruit growers, farmers, and associated businesses during the agricultural expansion era of the Provo Bench and the establishment of Orem City.