1910, David C. Dart
“Victor” sign visible up high
Constructed by Katherine Belcher, the Hotel Victor is one of a dozen hotels built in downtown Salt Lake City shortly after the completion of the city’s two major railroad depots. The second and third floors of the building served as a hotel until the 1960s.
Early on, a saloon operated by Italian immigrants occupied the first floor. In the mid-1920s, the Denver Fire-Clay Company moved into the building.
The window bays of the Hotel Victor are offset with frames of grayish raised brick. Each bay also features a decorative panel of inlaid tile. The projecting cornice is supported by large, paired brackets and adorned with a Greek key design.
This is located at 155 West on 200 South in Salt Lake City, Utah