Daughters of Utah Pioneers
Erected November 1934
Salt Creek Fort
Completed in November 1854, by the Pioneers of Salt Creek (Nephi) for protection against Indians. The inclosure (sic) was 3 blocks square, from 1st West to 2nd East, and from 1st North to 2nd South Streets. Markers have been placed at the corners. The original wall, composed of gravel, mud and straw, was 12 feet high, 6 feet wide at bottom and 2 1/2 feet wide at top, 420 rods in length. Gates were provided in the north and the south walls. This section of the original wall was removed to this site for preservation, November 7, 1933. Fort Wall Camp, Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Juab County, Utah.
See the markers at the locations of the corners of the old fort here: http://jacobbarlow.com/2014/05/21/nephi-fort/
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup