Before settlement, Indians had summer camp here as feed for cattle, sheep, and horses was plentiful. Their carvings in caves can be seen near here. In 1870 Nathan Neibour homesteaded land here and built a cabin. He received a patent to the land in 1882 and warranty deed in 1885. These were the first such documents filed in this part of Utah Territory. An LDS Ward was organized Nov. 1889. Daniel J. Mitchell, Bishop. This land was given to local Daughters of Utah Pioneers in 1940 by Byron T. Mitchell.
This historic marker (D.U.P. Marker #214) is located on the Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum located at 52 West 2200 South in Francis, Utah.