This pioneer cabin, one of the first erected in Manti, was built inside the old log fort about 1853 by Nathaniel S. Beach. He later moved it to 104 West 2nd North where it was purchased by William and Johannah Richey, as a home for their family. At one time, it was used as a school room with Alvira Coolidge as teacher. On January 19, 1925, the cabin was deeded to Manti Camp, Daughters of Utah Pioneers, as a memorial to the pioneers and for a home in which to preserve relics.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup