On this site the Corinne Opera House, for many years the largest recreation center in Utah outside of Salt Lake City was erected in 1870. Built of red pine lumber with square nails. Leading stock companies California bound on the new railroad stopped over and played to capacity house. Among the players were Tom Thumb and Corinne Lavann. Maude Adams also played here. The building served as Church, dance hall, public auditorium, first non-sectarian school in Utah, and picture shows. Was in constant use until 1952 when it was razed.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup