In 1876 President Brigham Young called the women of the Relief Society to gather and store wheat to be used in times of need. Pleasant Green Relief Society was organized in 1879, Charlotte Hirst, president. June 24, 1885, a rock granary built on land given by Joseph Dearden was dedicated. Most materials and labor were donated. Later it became the property of the American Smelting and Refining Co. Presented to The Daughters of Utah Pioneers, 1964. Destroyed by rural construction, 1964. Monument replica of granary and built of original materials.
Located in Magna, Utah.
Another nearby marker:
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup