In 1880, Gustave Lundberg and Christian Carff, planing mill operators, set up a direct current electric light plant, probably the first in Utah. It was a small Thompson-Houston machine with a capacity of fifty arcs, providing five lights for Logan City at $15.00 per month per light. January, 1886, the Logan Electric Light and Power Company was organized, capital stock $5000, one-half subscribed by Lundberg and Garff and the balance by Logan City Commissioners. In 1888, the city acquired complete ownership and it became Utah’s first municipal electric light plant.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup