D.U.P. Marker # 351 is located in Elmo, Utah.
Before 1890 Thomas E. Davis filed on land in this vicinity. Others followed, erected homes, a schoolhouse and meeting place. June 16, 1912, a branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized, George H. Oviatt presiding elder. This tithing granary was built by ward members with George Hales and James Johnson, head carpenters. The walls were made of laminated two-by-four planks. The granary was presented to the Daughters in 1964.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup