HUNTINGTON‘S FIRST MEETING HOUSE
January, 1879, Orange Seeley, presiding valley bishop, appointed Elias Cox to preside over the Latter-day Saints who had settled on Huntington Creek. In October a ward was organized. Logs were hauled from the canyon and a meeting house erected by Benjamin Jones, Sr., John F. Wakefield, W. Albert Guymon, Sr., Walsh Caldwell, William Avery, Milas E. and Joseph R. Johnson, Albey W. Sherman, Jr., David Cheney, John Wimmer and others. The building was 40 x 60 feet, split shingle roof, lumber floor and benches of split logs. It was dedicated December 1880, and served the community for church, school, and recreation. The building was destroyed by fire in 1918.