Tags

, , , ,

This bell was installed in the tower of the Emery Ward meetinghouse which was dedicated in 1902.  The women sold butter and eggs and donated the funds for its purchase.  It rang for all occasions, Church, programs, parties, movies and fires, its toll was beautiful and could be heard all over town and in surrounding fields.

20140810_194044 20140810_194112 20140810_194115