, , , , ,



The town was built about 1875 around the mining of Lime Rock which was used by area smelters. The town died in 1937. (These Photos were taken May 16 1990). No one lives here.
Submitted by Bob Bezzant.

Topliff began in 1875 as a joint venture between the local smelters to find a source of Limestone. After the rock was found, a rail line was run down to haul out the crused limestone, a trainload/day. When the quarry was shut down in 1937 all of the homes and rail lines were torn up and hauled up north to Fairfield.
Submitted by Ed Topliff. – (source)